In our last post, we looked at six traditional resources and more sophisticated paid services that help bring us up to speed in the M&A world. In this post we will list some of the more contemporary deal commentary resources:
- NY Times DealB%k: This blog delivers the latest news on mergers, acquisitions, venture capital and hedge funds. DealBook aggregates news from various internet sources and publications and offers a free email newsletter before the opening bell and after market close. Steven M. Davidoff, writing as The Deal Professor, is a highly regarded commentator for DealBook who is prepared to publically question the details.
- WSJ Deal Journal: An up-to-the-minute take on the deals and deal makers that shape the landscape of Wall Street, including mergers and acquisitions, capital-raising, private equity and bankruptcy. It provides a free email newsletter every evening that summarizes the day’s deals.
- The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation: This blog hosts updates on working papers, seminars, speakers, and other activities sponsored by the Harvard Law School Program on Corporate Governance. The Forum also features posts about corporate governance and financial regulation by faculty, fellows, and members of the Program’s advisory board. Posts are categorized under areas such as M&A, Securities Regulation and Academic Research.
- @bhsilver: Benjamin Silver, is counsel in our Business Law Group in Montréal. In his 30 years at McCarthy Tétrault, he’s been involved in some of the largest Canadian public M&A deals and financings. He has also served for seven years on the advisory committee to the Québec securities regulator (Autorité des marchés financiers). He tweets several times a day on various corporate law and securities hot topics and issues.
- ProfessorBainbridge.com: Reputable blog on corporate law issues authored by Stephen Bainbridge, a Distinguished Professor of Law at the UCLA School of Law in Los Angeles. Professor Bainbridge previously taught at the University of Illinois Law School, Harvard Law School, La Trobe University in Melbourne and at Aoyama Gakuin University in Tokyo. His most recent books include Corporate Law and Mergers and Acquisitions, both 2nd ed. Foundation Press Concepts & Insights Series.
- Delaware Corporate and Commercial Litigation Blog: Highly regarded blog that provides business-litigation commentary and case summaries from the Delaware Court of Chancery and Delaware Supreme Court. Posts include commentary by leading scholars from around the US on Delaware corporate law and alternative business entities.
- M & A Law Prof Blog: a Member of the Law Professor Blogs Network, it offers regularly-updated permanent resources, such as lists of professors, casebooks, and links to law reviews and think tanks. It also provides daily news and information of interest to law professors, such as upcoming colloquia, conferences, and meetings.
Let us know if you have any other online resource that you rely on for the latest M&A developments.